Wednesday, February 7, 2007

A Trip To The Dentist

As some of you may know, I have two bridges in my mouth. A bridge spans a space in your mouth were you do not have a tooth. For me, I was blessed without two molars on my bottom jaw, hence the bridges.

Some time ago I was enjoying a delicious Starburst candy. These are particularly sticky candies, and I managed to loosen my left side bridge while enjoying a particularly tasty cherry chew.

Having a loose bridge is no fun, so I (here I mean my Mom) made an appointment to get it fixed during my Christmas break. What happened to that appointment? About three feet of snow and a canceled flight.

Anyways, I finally got around to fixing it today after it completely came out last week and I found out my medical insurance is running out at the end of April (this reminds me that I need to go get an eye appointment before then). Thanks to Google Maps, I chose an office just up the street from my house.

So my morning was spent getting this thing glued back in to my mouth. The dentist thought it would be a good idea to really poke around and started some bleeding, which I guess makes it hard for the cement to set. To stop the bleeding, they used this rope-like sponge thing soaked with anti-collagulent and literally shoved it between my tooth and gums. I have no idea how far he shoved it down there, but I do know that it hurt like a motha. One of these days I'm going to fulfill my dream of becoming a bionic man by having all my teeth pulled out and replaced with titanium implants. Ohh, they'll look like normal teeth, but I will be able to bite through a car door. Yes!

The moral of the story? Either get good and liquored up before going to the dentist, or don't eat Starbursts (as if this is possible).

No comments: