Sunday, June 10, 2007

Next Summer

I have bike touring on the mind and I can't stop thinking about doing a major trip at the start of next summer, starting maybe in the middle of May. Most likely, this will never happen, but what I'm thinking now is that I could bike from Portland to Boulder. Its about 2000 miles, and I think it would take about 5 weeks if I was pretty dedicated to riding 80-90 miles a day which is pretty manageable I think since I'd probably have tail winds most of the time and I'd hit the Rockies towards the end after building up some good endurance. Anyone who has some time off could join me, it would be quite the adventure. I think I'd try to do it as cheap as possible, so mostly stealth camping and cooking for myself (aka oatmeal and pasta). We shall see.

I don't think I'm going to take any classes in the fall, so it'll be full time research but also I'll be able to take time for whatever. I may try a week long tour in September or October and see how it goes...

No comments: