Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Nice Day For A Ride

I finally got off my ass and went for a ride today in my attempt to kick off the summer Patrick with a bang. For those of you not with the times, the summer of Patrick involves me biking, running, or some other outdoor activity pretty much everyday. It also involves drinking microbrew, mostly in moderation, but sometimes not.

It was a really nice ride, not a in the least windy or cloudy. Pete, Adam, and I rode to Rabbit Mountain via Hwy 36 and came back to town through Hygiene. It was a little over 40 miles total. The route is below, if you click on it, it'll take you to an interactive map of the route:



This is actually the first time I've gone riding with Adam in quite some time. He learned a new game, which involves fictitious mini-races, which makes the ride way more entertaining. For example, the first to the end of Hwy 36 wins sprinting points, or first to the top of a hill gets king of the mountain points, Tour de France style. I recommend adding this to all your rides in the future.

No comments: