Sunday, December 16, 2007

Busy Day

Yesterday I had an action packed day. I finally got up to the mountains for some skiing, the first time I've ever tried it (I've always snowboarded in the past). The snow was in good shape, not too icy and there was a nice powder coat keeping things soft. I picked it up pretty quickly, and by the end of the day I was cruising down blues with relative ease.

From a practical point of view, skiing seems superior to snowboarding. I felt much more in control, and you're actually facing downhill seeing everything in front of you as opposed to snowboarding where you're looking to one side or the other. On the other hand, snow boarding feels a little more fluid, its more of a full body motion. Regardless, I'm looking forward to more skiing in the future.

I went and saw I Am Legend last night. It was a packed theatre, but well worth it. I recommend everyone goes and watches this one, it was action packed! I don't think I've ever been so stressed out throughout an entire movie like this one, one of the best I've seen in a long time.

No comments: