Friday, August 17, 2007

Help Me Visit Europe

So, as I mentioned before I'm headed to Bulgaria in October. I'm planning on taking about 10 days after the conference is over and checking out the sights. I have no idea where to go, so those of you who have been, give me some recommendations.

I am also seriously considering bringing my bike and some panniers to tour around with. I could go from Bulgaria and take a train to somewhere, bike to another city, and fly out. Or I could forgo the logistics of the bike and just max out a city/country. Give me some advice!

Also, if anyone wants to come with I will meet you in any city in Europe on October 20th and we can check it together...

2 comments:

James said...

ok now that I see a map i have some suggestions.

1. If you do decide the bike thing. I would bike down all over Greece. You're pretty close, and it's probably easy to get around the country in 10 days on a bike.

2. If no bike I'd go up north through Romania and into Poland. Visit Krakow and then head west to Prague. Travel across Germany if you have time and wind up in Amsterdam where you can fly out of probably really easily. KLM is one of the best airlines anyway...

Stephen Robbins said...

My fiance lived in Greece for two years. She could give you lots of tips/advice on getting around the country.

Wouldn't it be easier to rent a bike once you got there? Again, if you need help finding something in Greece my fiance could help you. I don't even know how you would take a bike to Europe, but it certainly seems like it'd be a pain in the ass. Let me know what you decide to do.

My two cents: make your way to Spain!