Sunday, May 10, 2009

Week In Review

The first full week of May has been an exciting one for me. I had an old friend from Linfield visit me at the beginning of the week and I saw the new Star Trek, but neither of those had me experiencing the pure pleasure that engulfed me when I came home Wednesday and saw how the UPS guy "hid" a package on my doorstep:

From Week In Review 5/10/09


I'm sure no one would think to look under there.

Anyways, Saturday was a busy one as I had some chores to do along with an Elvis Perkins In Dearland show to attend that night. Elvis Perkins is new to me, but was recommended by both Qatsi and Emily so I gave him a whirl.

Before the show, I figured I needed to eat a hardy meal and fortify myself with some drink:

From Week In Review 5/10/09


A pretty lackluster crowd had gathered. I had anticipated the show being sold out, but there was maybe 100 people there:

From Week In Review 5/10/09


Despite the crowd, Elvis Perkins In Dearland knows how to put on a good show. They tried their hardest to get everyone into it. Far and away the most effective method was the giant marching band drum the drummer would occasionally play. It was a hypnotizing dance when he busted it out.

Check their website and see if they're coming to your neck of the woods, worth spending $12.

No comments: